About the Line

This is a general blog for what I'm currently going through in this play called Life. Real names will not be revealed, but real issues will be addressed by hanging them on the Line. Welcome to my corner of the world. I hope my experiences can help other's out there as we walk our Paths.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finding Balance - Jan 12

I'm finally caught up to the correct date and topic.  Yay.  I've found it difficult to work through too many things in a single day.  It overloads my system and since the tbi I have to recover through sleep.  Sleep has captured me for long periods of time the past few days.  Here is to learning my limits and having some patience...I have none..and don't ask for patience...you only get trapped in situation after situation requiring patience.  It sucks.

Balance.  The striving point for every one in this Life is balance.  Work, family, play, relationships, me time, work, rest, sleep...there is so much to balance.  I visualize a teeter-totter in my mind when I think of balance.  There must be a counter balance to maintain our equilibrium.  Right?  Too much of anything is not good for you as the saying goes.  And it is, sadly, true.

In order to keep balance...maintaining the narrow path is difficult....there must be a balance of forces.  Think of that teeter totter.  When one side goes up, the other side goes down.  In order to stay in balance a flow happens between the two opposing forces.  Walking our path we go up mountains and down into valleys. Balance or the Yin and Yang is walking that line between opposing forces.  Sometimes the only way we can find balance is to go to extremes.  That's okay.  It's maintaining the awareness that matters and moving towards the balance point, which is not necessarily center.

Currently I know I'm out of balance.  I feel it in my body, mind and soul.  In order to find the balance point, I need to know where I am first.  By figuring out where I'm at I can then look for the opposing force that will counterbalance my current state of being to bring me back into balance.  Ever the deep thinker am I.

Dancing is now part of my daily routine.  It gets me out of my head, into my body and allows me to express my emotions in a healthy manner.  Most importantly dancing is also conditioning my body, which needs it badly. Meditation.  Each day I check in with me to see where I'm at so I have a baseline reference to make sure I'm taking care of myself.  During this time I send love to every part of me and to others I care about.  Writing this blog is another outlet for me to get out what I've been holding onto for too long.

Balance is a goal.  Like Life, is about the journey, not the destination.

"Today, I will be gentle with myself, understanding that sometimes
 to reach the middle ground of balance, I need to explore the peaks and valleys.  
Sometimes, the only way I can extricate myself from a valley 
is to jump high enough to land on a peak, and then slowly ease myself down."
~Language of Letting Go

Kristy


No comments:

Post a Comment