About the Line

This is a general blog for what I'm currently going through in this play called Life. Real names will not be revealed, but real issues will be addressed by hanging them on the Line. Welcome to my corner of the world. I hope my experiences can help other's out there as we walk our Paths.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recovering Codependent Road Show

I've decided to start a journal based on working my way through Melody Beattie's book The Language of Letting Go, Daily Meditations for Codependents.  My book is worn and water stained from use over the years.  While I grew up with two addict/alcoholic brothers since the age of seven (they are 7 & 9 years older) I've found this book helpful for all of Life's situations.  After my brain injury I've found it speak to me on a different level.

I missed the first 9 days of the year and will go through them all at once in my next post.  I've been "off the wagon" since I moved to Missouri in 2010 after my mother passed away.  The book was always in my nightstand and picked up when I needed something in particular.  This time I'm trying it chronologically.

Welcome to my Recovering Codependent Road Show as I walk my Path learning self-care and seeking balance.  Life is about the journey, not the destination.

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment