About the Line

This is a general blog for what I'm currently going through in this play called Life. Real names will not be revealed, but real issues will be addressed by hanging them on the Line. Welcome to my corner of the world. I hope my experiences can help other's out there as we walk our Paths.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Good Feelings - Jan 13

Happy Friday the 13!  It's been a great day to me for years no matter what people seem to think....your reality follows your thoughts.  Keep them positive and that's what you get.

I'm in recovery for a few things.  I'm a recovering co-dependent, traumatic brain injury survivor, and psoriatic arthritis thriver.  Today's topic in the Language of Letting Go is about good feelings.  She points out that in recovery many times we only focus on the big 3 - anger, fear and pain.  To my philosophy by focusing on those exclusively we draw them to us.  There is a difference between working through emotions and allowing them to be the cocoon in which you dwell.  That isn't healthy.

I know from experience that we can dwell so long in our tower of misery that we come to believe we are only allowed to feel the negative emotions.  Conditioning can also make us believe that we don't deserve positive thing to happen to us.  Fear of losing what we are lucky enough to enjoy in this life, that we will unconsciously do everything in our power to push it away.  After stepping back, I can see I did this recently.

I swore to myself that i would walk through the fear.  In the end, I'm not sure if I created a boundary to be good to myself or block myself from happiness.  I'm not a loser though, because I walk away this time with open eyes.  I can look at the dynamic of the situation and see where boundaries were appropriate and where they were actually armed turrets with warriors shouting, "No one shall pass.  Leave. Now."  Why I'm a winner is exactly what Melody points out...by learning the lesson.  What did I learn aside from blocking myself?

I do not need to feel bad because someone else isn't able to feel the good yet.  I can allow myself to feel good.  My family members may have thrown away their futures, but I still have one to live.  I don't need to throw mine away just because they have.  I am an individual, not just part of a family unit.

It's perfectly normal for us to put obstacles in our path to experience the positive in life.  We become so comfortable with the more familiar emotions, less-positive path.  Now saying that...it's okay for us to feel good.  It's healthy to feel good, be happy, experience joy so deep we can't help smiling till it hurts.  I give myself permission to be happy now....that's winning.  I came out the other end, granted, in an unexpected place...but it's where I need to be.  Everything happens for a reason.  Least I forget my daily mantra for the past 15 years. I let go of the reason and look for the lesson instead.  Be happy.  It's a conscious choice.  Choosing anything else is what's crazy.

"Today, I will remind myself that it is my right to feel as good as I can.  I can have many moments of feeling good;  I can find a balanced place of feeling content, peaceful and good."
~Language of Letting Go

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment