About the Line

This is a general blog for what I'm currently going through in this play called Life. Real names will not be revealed, but real issues will be addressed by hanging them on the Line. Welcome to my corner of the world. I hope my experiences can help other's out there as we walk our Paths.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Codependent Road Show 1/1

The New Year - 1/1

Goal setting.  Giving my Life direction.  I've been living my Life by the seat of my pants for the past two years.  Sigh.  It hasn't worked very well.  Since my car accident and subsequent brain injury setting goals is not my strong suit.  Then my mom died and I entered Zombieland.  Having lost both parents I've found myself without my anchor, pillars, foundation in this world.  I've been floating on the sea with no direction simply going with the flow.  While living in the moment is what Life is about, I do need goals to ground me.

I already decided to create a 2012 Bucket List.  Here is what I have for short term and long term goals:

  • Practice self-care.  My name is Kristy and I am a caretaker.  As a professional healer I've already learned that I need to take care of myself first before I can do anything for anyone else.  I have not done this.  I fell off the wagon.  This blog is an attempt to keep me honest with myself.
  • Learn a Martial Art - I need inner balance and found it before when learning Tai Chi.  This will help me get in shape body, mind and soul.
  • Try Traditional Chinese Medicine - I have a few autoimmune diseases along with the brain injury.  I've been on chemo therapy, DMARDS...a pharmicopia of pills, injections and IV treatments.  Modern medicine is great, but when the side effects of the drugs are worse than the dis-ease...I've decided it's not worth it.  Time for something new.
  • Share a sunrise/sunset with someone special.
  • Work with horses again
  • Create self-employment
  • Visit San Pancho, Mexico with my brother and his wife.  Since mom and I had plans to visit there 2 days AFTER she died, I've avoided going.  It was to be our celebration of Life together and she had the nerve to die beforehand.  As executor of her will I had to cancel my trip while my brother still went.  Lost of emotional baggage surround this trip.  I will go because I need to walk through this fear and work through the emotions.
Today, I will remember that there is a powerful force motivated by writing down goals.  I will do that now, for the year to come, and regularly, as needed.  I will do it not to control, but to do my part in living my Life. ~ Melody Beattie

After reading through the first several days of the book, the work is too much for a single post.  So, I'll work through them like Life...one step at a time.

Kristy 

No comments:

Post a Comment